Clearing & Grubbing in Atlanta
General contractors and site companies who purchase land in the Atlanta area, or who are hired by landowners, must clear and grub the land before it can be developed.
What is clearing and grubbing?
Clearing: the removal and disposal of underbrush, vegetation, and trees.
Grubbing: the removal of roots and stumps that may remain in the ground after surface cleaning.
Once clearing and grubbing are completed, your site is ready for grading, storm drain, and underground utility installation.
Important: Before attempting clearing and grubbing your Atlanta property, check with your local government regarding permits. All private and commercial sites require permitting before any clearing can take place. A Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) is required when clearing one acre of land or more.
- You may need a permit to clear the land.
- Is your land home to protected species? Are there other environmental protections unique to your land?
- You will need to be familiar with rules on tree removal and composting.
- Do you need to be concerned with erosion control?
- Is there gas or electric lines buried on your property?
- Is there a septic tank or other plumbing structures present on the property?
Why use AKA Tree Service for clearing and grubbing in the Atlanta area?
AKA Tree Service has all the equipment needed, plus years of training and experience, to clear and grub your land quickly and efficiently. We also handle other phases of site development, such as tree removal, stump grinding, and wood waste management. Best of all, we know the laws related to clearing and grubbing and have a great professional relationship with the municipalities. We will make sure that all laws are honored and that it is safe to dig on your land.
Hire AKA Tree Service to ensure your project is being handled by industry-leading professionals who have the skills and understanding to finish your project on schedule and under budget. Questions? Call us anytime: 404-713-4305.
Why Choose Us
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Always a Free Estimate
- ISA Guidelines Always Followed
- We Work With Your Insurance