AKA SHRUB AND TREE OFFERS LIGHTNING PROTECTION
Lighting is not only unsafe to solitary trees that rise above surrounding buildings, but to the people underneath them. Have you ever come across a tree with a long, vertical bark-less strip? That distinctive mark was left by a lightning strike, an event that vaporizes the bark, violently blowing it off. In Atlanta, there are roughly 10 to 20 lightning strikes per square mile a year, a rate that is higher than most of the country. Therefore, it is important to protect your tree from destructive lightning strikes. AKA Tree Service offers lightning protection to Atlanta residents looking for peace of mind during the spring, summer, and early-autumn thunderstorms.
HOW DOES LIGHTNING PROTECTION WORK?
Lightning protection isn’t as complicated as it sounds, but it isn’t something you should attempt yourself. Our professionals know where to properly install the lightning rods and how to properly install the grounding wire. As part of our lightning protection procedures, we:
- Will install the tip of the lightning rod near the top of the tree. If the tree is large, we install several of them.
- The grounding wire is stapled to the tree’s bark and bolted to the grounding rod. The grounding rod is non-corrosive.
- If the tree has had cables and braces put in it, those will be grounded if at all possible.
AKA Tree Service has built a sterling reputation based on trust and effectiveness. In addition to protecting your tree from lightning strikes, AKA Tree Service offers pruning and planting services. Pruning is vital to ensuring your tree grows properly and never outgrows its surrounding area. To get started on a pruning project, contact us today
Why Choose Us
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Always a Free Estimate
- ISA Guidelines Always Followed
- We Work With Your Insurance